Elkin Creek Mountain Bike Trail
The Elkin Creek Mountain Bike Trail is typically closed after rains and while the trail is muddy and wet.
- November 1 – March 31: Use lower entrance at dam.
- April 1 – October 31: Use upper entrance above reservoir.
Three great paddles on the Yadkin!
- Ronda to Elkin: 7 miles, 3 to 4 hours of leisure floating with take out downtown Elkin.
- Elkin to Burch Station takeout (Mitchell River): 6.5 miles, 3 hour leisure float. Combine with # 1 for a 13.5 mile 6 hour float.
- Burch Station (Mitchell River) to Rockford: 12 miles, 6 hour leisure float. Start at Elkin for a full day 18.5 mile float.
For shuttle services contact:
Four beautiful bike rides in the heart of Yadkin Valley Wine country.
- 31 mile loop south through Swan Creek area vineyards with rolling terrain and a few strenuous hills
- 50 mile loop north through Mountain Park area vineyards with rolling terrain and numerous strenuous hills and one mountain.
- 71 miles east and north of Elkin passing numerous vineyards, rolling terrain with a number of strenuous hills.
- 100 miles north, south and east with rolling terrain and numerous strenuous hills. 7,000 feet of climbing.
Go to: http://yvtdv.com/theRide.html for details and maps of each ride.