- Grassy Creek Winery Vineyard Stomp 5k – May 7
- Elkin Roots Festival – May 14
- Yadkin River Paddle before the Festival – May 14
- Yadkin Valley Tour de Vino – May 21
- Trails Boogie – June 16
- Tour de Yadkin Paddle and Jam – August 19
- Duck & Turtle Regatta (immediately after the Pumpkin Festival) – September 24
- Big Elkin Brew Fest (EVTA will be there!) – September 24
- Insane Terrain Trail Race – October 22
Paddle Before the Elkin Roots Festival – May 14, 2016
Spend the morning on the Yadkin River with folks headed downriver to the Elkin Roots Festival. The paddle will be from Ronda to Elkin.
Three area river outfitters are available for shuttles and for canoe and kayak rentals:
Participants can use their own kayaks and canoes or rent from an outfitter and also arrange a shuttle if needed. Fees will apply from the outfitters and arrangements should be made via the outfitter of your choice.
To paddle with the group, the plan is to meet your shuttle at Crater Park on Standard Street by the river in Elkin at 8:00 am. The in-water time in Ronda at the Yadkin River put-in is 10:00 am.
People with their own kayak or canoe could drop their boats at Ronda, drive to Elkin, and be shuttled by van back to Ronda, while someone from ETVA would be with the boats at the launch site in Ronda. People who do not want to drop their boats at Ronda could get them shuttled from Elkin to Ronda.
Please contact one of the outfitters with any questions about paddling the Ronda to Elkin section of the Yadkin and to arrange shuttles and rentals if needed.
Yadkin Valley Tour de Vino – May 21, 2016
Ride some of the best roads in the region in the morning. Relax at the Yadkin Valley Wine Festival in the afternoon. For more info on the Yadkin Valley Tour de Vino and to register or volunteer, visit:
Yadkin Valley Tour de Vino
Trails Boogie – June 16, 2016
Please join EVTA at our biggest celebration and fundraiser of the year. Doug Deming with Dennis Greunling & The Jewel Tones return. This awesome band has been with us at every Trails Boogie and we are happy to welcome them back.
Doug Deming with Dennis Gruenling & The Jewel Tones!
Details: Thursday evening, June 16 at The Liberty, 222 East Main Street. Elkin NC. Social Hour Begins at 5:30pm. Band Starts at 7pm. Casual dress – everyone is invited!
- Free admission
- Silent auction
- Trails information
- Dinner buffet for purchase
- Cold beverages of your choice
- Dancing and the best jump blues/swing music on the planet
- Having a great time with all your best friends
- Celebrating our local trails success!
Thank You to our Trails Boogie sponsors who make this celebration possible:
Gold Sponsor: SUEZ
Silver Sponsor: Basin Creek Realty
Bronze Sponsor: The Liberty